Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 Synthesizer Module (Potentiometer Edition)
List Price: $1500.00
NoiseBug Price : $1349.00
The Prophet '08 PE (potentiometer edition) has all the features of the standard Prophet '08, but many of the front panel's rotary controls use potentiometers (AKA "pots") for more "vintage-style" control. (The standard Prophet '08 primarily uses rotary encoders.)
Includes ears for optional rack mounting, operation manual, and power supply with adapters for North America, UK, and Europe. (The power supply will work with AC voltages from 100 to 240 volts and 50 to 60 Hz, but may require a plug adapter for regions not listed.)
The Prophet '08 Synthesizer Module is a tabletop "knobby" module with all of the features and controls of the Prophet '08 Keyboard (minus the keyboard, of course) in an even more compact enclosure. With real analog oscillators, famed Curtis low-pass filters, and analog VCAs, the Prophet '08 is capable of reproducing the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors. But modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources—like three envelopes and four LFOs per voice—take it way beyond the vintage gear and make this a worthy and unique addition to the Prophet family tree.
Features include a gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, arpeggiator, split or stacked key modes with separate stereo outputs per layer, and rack ears for optional rack-mounting. The Prophet '08 module can also be used as an expander to increase the polyphony of another Prophet '08—keyboard or module—to 16 voices.
* The only affordable, full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path.
* Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters—married to a modern feature set.
* Small footprint, huge sound.
* Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.
* Used as an expander, increases polyphony of another Prophet '08 to 16 voices.
* 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
* 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
* White noise generator
* 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
* 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
* 4 LFOs
* Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
* Analog VCAs
* Dimensions: 3.25" H X 18.5" L x 7" W (8.25 cm x 47 cm x 17.8 cm)
* Weight: 8.5 lbs. (3.86 kg)
* Rack mounted: 4U*
Ins and Outs
* MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
* Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
* Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
* Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
* Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
* Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack.
Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400 mA) and operation manual.
*The input and output jacks are on the back panel, so they are on top when the module is rack mounted. The jacks are recessed about 1" but we recommend using cables with angled MIDI and audio plugs to avoid interfering with the rack space above the module.