Moog Minimoog Voyager XL
NoiseBug Price : $4995.00
100% Analog Sound Engine
The MINIMOOG VOYAGER XL Synthesizer is a monophonic analog performance and production synthesizer. Based on the Minimoog Voyager sound engine, it incorporates virtually all of the sound resources and functions of the original Minimoog Model D and Voyager, with the addition of a number of exciting features from Moog's modular synthesizer legacy.
61-Note Velocity Sensitive Keyboard with after-pressure. Identical to the Voyager 44-note keyboard.
A 500mm Ribbon Controller is located on the middle wooden rail of the Voyager XL. It's center-point is lined up with 'middle-C' of the 61-note Keyboard. Outputs are sampled and available as CV-OUT (-5V to +5V) and GATE-OUT (0V to +5V).
(20) Control Voltage output
- Keyboard Pitch (w/ internal trim to calibrate to 1 V/Octave)
- Keyboard Velocity
- Keyboard Afterpressure
- Touch Surface X
- Touch Surface Y
- Touch Surface A (area)
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Mod Wheel
- MOD 1 signal (signal at MOD 1 input)
- MOD 2 signal (signal at MOD 2 input)
- LFO triangle wave
- LFO square wave
- Mod Wheel Mod Buss output
- Pedal/On Mod Buss output
- Filter Envelope
- Volume envelope
- Sample and Hold Step
- Sample and Hold Smooth
- Ribbon Controller CV Output (-5V to +5V)
(3) Gate outputs
- Keyboard Gate
- Touch Surface Gate
- Ribbon Controller Gate Output
(3) 4-way Mults (top jack is ring-powered)
(10) Control Voltage Inputs
- Envelope Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Pitch CV (adj. to 1V/Octave) (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Wave CV (all three osc. affected) ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- FILTER Cutoff CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Volume CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Pan CV (-2.5V to +2.5V) Ring-Powered
- LFO Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod1 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod2 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- S&H CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
(4) Gate Inputs
- ENV Release ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- ENV Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- LFO Sync ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- S&H Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON) No footswitch input
(2) Active Attenuators
Active Attenuators are identical to the VX-352 attenuators with the following difference:
CHANNEL 1 is normalled to LFO 2 output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 1 input jack, the output of Channel 1 will be the attenuated version of the LFO 2 output.
CHANNEL 2 is normalled to RIBBON output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 2 input jack, the output of Channel 2 will be the attenuated version of the RIBBON controller.
EXPRESSION PEDALS can be connected to the Attenuator inputs (i.e. they are ring-powered inputs).
AMOUNT controls gain of -1 (CCW) to 1 (CW). Thus, the attenuators can create an inverted version of the waveform.
OFFSET control allows you to add a DC voltage of -5V to +5V to the input signal. The Attenuator output will be clipped to approximately +/-10V.
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be attenuated via front-panel knobs
- Inputs 1 and 3 can be controlled by Expression Pedals (i.e. ring-powered)
- Two output CV's (+) and (-)
- DC offset can be added to signal via OFFSET knob
- Overall output of MIXER can be adjusted via the MASTER knob
RISE and FALL time constants are adjustable from 1 millisecond to 1 second (middle is 100 millisecond).
A MIDI-syncable second LFO source has been added to the Voyager XL. The default frequency range is 0.02Hz (50 seconds) to 20Hz (0.05 seconds). This range was made to augment the current Voyager LFO which does not go slow-enough for some very slow modulations.
INPUTS: LFO 2 can be
- Free-running (adjusted by the RATE knob on the front panel)
- MIDI SYNC from external MIDI clock
- Directly CLOCKED from a GATE CV via the front panel CLOCK jack
- Controlled via external CV or Expression Pedal via the front panel RATE CV jack
OUTPUTS: LFO 2 has two complementary LFO outputs labeled (+) and (-). In default mode, these are the same waveform 180 degrees out of phase.
Available front-panel waveforms:
- S&H SMOOTH
Power input accepts a standard power cable. The Minimoog Voyager XL works from 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz.
Q. Can Filter Spacing or Resonance be modulated on the Minimoog Voyager XL?
A. Because the Voyager XL (and Voyager) hardware is designed the way it is, there is a control input for the Filter Cutoff frequency, but not the Filter Spacing or Resonance. We had to draw a line as to how many dedicated CV inputs we could include. In the end we chose those inputs that we felt had the most utility and we had to remove a few that were more esoteric.
However, we cleverly designed in a few hooks that provide the Voyager flexibility in routing external CVs to controls that don't have a dedicated CV input. This can allow external control Voltages to control things like Filter Spacing etc.
The MOD1 and MOD2 inputs accept 0 to +5V control inputs. The MOD1 input is the controller for the Pedal/On Mod Buss, normalled to +5V. The MOD2 input is selectable as a Mod Source for both Mod Busses, normalled to +5V.
Note that Filter Spacing can be selected as a Programmable Modulation Destination in either Mod Bus. Thus you could route the MOD2 input to control Filter Spacing through the Mod Busses.
Also, either MOD1 or MOD 2 inputs may be routed using the Voyager's POT MAPPING feature to control any of the front panel knobs, including Filter Spacing or resonance.